Fixing a Mistake

 I don't think you've seen these socks before. The first one was finished, and the second one almost down to the heel, before I looked at them together like this:

You may notice the problem here: the sock in progress has ribbing all the way around, and the completed sock has, as the pattern directs, a six stitch stockinette column on each side. Well, time to grab a crochet hook and get to work!


There are four columns that need help. For each of them, I dropped the stitch off the needle, and all the way down to where the stockinette column should begin, at the end of the cuff ribbing.

Then, the crochet hook will easily pull each thread bar through and make the desired knit column. If I had wanted a purl column, I would have done the same thing, but from the inside. Now it is all fixed, and ready to continue! 

Socks are Lord, what fools and the yarn is Mountain Colors Bearfoot (which I've had for probably decades). You'll get a better photo when they're done.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Who is this sweater for?

Scrap Stripe Sweater, finished

That big blobbly thing...